Home / Today Tech / Apple’s AirPods Catch Fire in Owner’s Ears, Eventually Explode

Apple’s AirPods Catch Fire in Owner’s Ears, Eventually Explode

If there’s one thing we realized in the final couple of years about smartphones, it’s that we must always all the time control them, particularly when charging, as the present battery applied sciences which can be getting used might catch hearth at any second, finally posing as a risk to our lives.

And now it seems we must always do the identical factor with headphones given this new wi-fi development that Apple is aggressively pushing for, as the corporate’s new AirPods have lately been concerned in a terrifying incident.

Jason Colon from Tampa reveals that he was listening to music whereas understanding, solely to note that one of many earphones began emitting smoke swiftly. Naturally, his first response was to tug out the AirPods and go ask for assist from the workers. When he returned, the proper AirPod was utterly wrecked, exhibiting indicators of flames and a possible explosion that precipitated it to burst open.

It goes with out saying that the person was shocked. “It’s the craziest thing I ever went through,” Colon mentioned. “It was already like this. It was already popped. I didn’t see it happen, but I mean, it was already fried! You can see flame damage.”

The battery used inside Apple's AirPods

The battery used inside Apple’s AirPods

It’s not arduous to think about what might’ve occurred if the AirPods weren’t faraway from his ears quick sufficient, however the man thinks a warning is required to assist different Apple clients keep away from accidents that might allow them to deaf for all times.

“I don’t know what would’ve happened to my ear. But I’m sure since it hangs down, it could’ve been [my] ear lobe. Ear lobe could’ve been burnt. Just because it happens to me doesn’t mean it won’t happen again,” he mentioned.

My ear lobe might’ve been burnt.

By the appears of issues, the battery is the one answerable for the incident. Judging from related incidents in the previous, the battery used in electronics can endure from overheating, which in flip causes smoke and finally results in a blast that may be kind of vital in harm relying on how huge the battery unit is.

Apple doesn’t present the precise specs of the batteries used in AirPods, however an iFixit teardown revealed that the corporate used a 93 milliwatt hour unit, which is “the equivalent to a little over 1% of the charge capacity in an iPhone 7.”

This is what the AirPods look like following the blast

This is what the AirPods appear like following the blast

If you suppose such a small battery can’t trigger a lot harm or severe accidents in case of an explosion, that’s utterly false. The battery of a dumb telephone exploded earlier this week, immediately blowing off the right index finger of a 12-year-old boy who was subsequent to the gadget. Due to items of plastic that had been despatched from the explosion, the boy additionally suffered accidents to his proper ball, finally shedding eyesight for all times.

Apple itself isn’t any stranger to units that explode, although in this case the reported incidents have by no means been confirmed by the corporate. Several iPhone models caught fire in the previous, and each time Apple both remained utterly tight-lipped or mentioned it was investigating. Eventually, the corporate left us imagine that no widespread battery problem affected its units.

This isn’t the primary Apple gadget that all of a sudden catches hearth.

Batteries that suffered from overheating and which finally precipitated a fireplace compelled Samsung to retire an entire line of telephones two years in the past. The Galaxy Note 7 was outfitted with lithium-ion batteries that might burst into flames resulting from extreme warmth, and Samsung determined to tug all fashions off the market.

In a press release launched after the AirPods explosion, Apple additionally mentioned that it’s wanting into experiences, with out confirming or denying that the proper earphone certainly began emitting smoke in the person’s ear.

Source link

Build a better website in under an hour. Start for free at GoDaddy!

About todaytechlife

Check Also

How Did the ‘Freedom From Facebook’ Campaign Get Its Start?

In July, executives from YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter testified earlier than Congress about their firm’s …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

FatCow $3.15/mo.Plan

Powered by keepvid themefull earn money